What is Pilates Plus?
Pilates Plus WV offers the highly acclaimed Pilates Plus workout as well as Gym XT, Cycling, Barre and Yoga. Pilates Plus is a full body workout that strengthens, tightens and tones the entire body quickly and safely. It is an integrated combination of classical Pilates that lengthens and stretches the muscles, strength training and cardio. Gym XT Suspension training (similar to TRX) is one of the newest workouts in fitness today. Suspension training allows for exercises that use the body’s resistance to develop muscle strength and flexibility.
If I’ve never done Pilates before can I join the classes or do I need to take a private first?
It depends on your current fitness level. We suggest trying one of the following classes first; Beginners Pilates Plus, Pilates Plus Stretch or Pilates Plus Core & Flex. These classes will introduce you to the Proformer equipment and the Pilates Plus method with a step-by-step approach to building the poses used in class. Beginner classes focus on increasing your understanding of how to arrive at and maintain the proper form.
What should I bring to class?
1. Please wear socks in Pilates classes. We have pilates socks (socks with small grips on bottom) available for purchase at our studio. You will need shoes for Gym XT and Cycling. Our bikes are equipped with double SPD clips.
2. Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Your necklace may catch in the spring system, and you may forget it or lose it. It creates too many opportunities for disaster, but wearing jewelry is a choice for you to make.
3. No strong perfumes as some students are allergic.
4. We have towels and water available at the studio.
5. Remember to be patient with yourself. Our classes are challenging, so with persistence, focus and a positive attitude you will reach your fitness goals, and we are always here to help you along the way!
How often should I practice Pilates Plus?
The workout is designed to work your body to muscle fatigue at which point you need to rest. Depending on your fitness level and the intensity of your workout, you will need more or less time to recover. We would recommend 3 to 4 times a week to allow your body to properly recover and repair. Once acclimatized it is common for clientele to come in daily. Listen to your body!
What if I can’t come to class and I have already been confirmed? Will I be charged?
Pilates Plus WV is a boutique studio with a maximum of only 8 people in each class. In the event that you cannot make a class we have an 8-hr cancellation policy. If you cancel within 8-hrs of your scheduled class there is a $10 fee. If you “no show” without cancelling there is a $25 fee. In each case you are able to make up your class within your class/series expiration date. In order to keep this policy fair to all our clients there are no exceptions.
When is the best time to talk to someone about scheduling classes?
We offer an online booking system through our website, www.pilatespluswv.com Here you are able to purchase and schedule all your classes, including first time classes. Our studio is open during class hours only. You can call us, text us or email us and we will be happy to assist you.